Updated November 20, 2015
Here are a few common threads in the scholarship applications:
- Apply to the college that you’re looking to get scholarship money from
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ Tax information should be made available to you and your parents in January. The faster you get your FAFSA in, the more likely that you’ll receive government grants for education. The FAFSA also helps determine needs based eligibility for scholarship committees.
- Finally, apply for the scholarships you’re looking into.
Every year, FIRST, together with Universities and Businesses, gives away millions of dollars in scholarships. FIRST has made a scholarship search engine available to you:
FIRST Scholarship Opportunities
YSU/FIRST Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2016)
YSU STEM Scholarships
- YSU STEM Scholarships Information
- Full List of YSU’s STEM Scholarships
- YSU STEM Scholarships Application
YSU Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program (COFSP)
- The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program is part of the state’s strategic effort to significantly strengthen Ohio’s position in world markets such as aerospace, medicine, computer technology, and alternative energy.
There are several deadlines associated with the COFSP process. Pay close attention.
- Click Here for more information about the Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program (COFSP) and the scholarships they offer.
Kent State Scholarship Information
Kent State STEM Scholarships
- The Kent State University Scholarships for Broadening Participation in the Sciences (DUE 11-54422) will annually provide 21 undergraduate scholarships, averaging $5,000 each to promising science students.
- Click Here for more information
Kent State Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program (COFSP)
- The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program provides scholarship support to Ohio residents who wish to pursue degrees in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or medicine (STEMM). The state of Ohio, recognizing that a workforce trained in these areas is essential for strengthening our economy, has created this program to provide tuition support to Ohio residents pursuing STEMM degrees.
- Click Here for more information about the Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program (COFSP) at Kent State.
Robot Electrical/Programming Resources
Robot Design Resources
- This document specifies where our team got our belts and pulleys for our 2004 robot and how to determine the sizes needed of each.
- Instructions on how to build the Gear Box that our teams has been using since 2004.